iGPS devices are water resistant not waterproof. We do not recommend submerging the device underwater or subjecting it to continuous moisture. If all covers are closed tightly the device is protected and rated to withstand everyday events such as splashes of water from washing of hands and rain.
More specifically iGPS devices have been tested to be IP67 compliant.
IP66 Defining Characteristics:
- Complete protection from dust, oil, and other non-corrosive material
- Complete protection from contact with enclosed equipment
- Protection from water, even from powerful jets of water
- Equivalent to NEMA rated 4 and 4X enclosures
- Engraving, silk-screening, and anodizing services available
- Custom with cutouts, insulation, hinges, latches or locks